Social work and counselling at NALHN
Our Social Work service aims to maximise the wellbeing of patients by providing comprehensive situational crisis services.
Social Workers work collaboratively with a multidisciplinary team to provide patients with assessments and intervention, to create safe discharge care plans.
Services are provided to hospital patients and outpatients who require social work & counselling services that are not available in the community.
- assessment of needs and any risks in relation to:
- environmental stressors
- family violence
- elder abuse
- high risk pregnant women
- goal setting to increase coping capacity and to reduce the risk of further deterioration whilst supporting safe discharge
- coordinating support services for safe discharge planning
- crisis grief and loss counselling
- assisting with SACAT applications and recommendations/interventions for patients who may be experiencing cognitive impairment
- collaborate with the DonateLife project team supporting patients and families in intensive care.
NALHN Allied Health Division
Telephone: (08) 8182 9288
Fax: (08) 8182 9440