Patient information during COVID-19
We know being admitted to hospital can be a daunting experience, and COVID-19 can make it even more so.
Rest assured patient care is still our main priority, we are doing everything we can to ensure your health and wellbeing.
Visitor limits are in place across all South Australian hospitals to limit the risk of infection of COVID-19. Here you will find the latest information regarding COVID-19 and your stay with us.
We continue to monitor and modify these precautions as the situation evolves in our community.
We ask that you please be patient and understanding as this is a particularly challenging time for everyone, including our staff, volunteers, patients, and community.
Upon your arrival
Anyone entering a NALHN site will be required to:
- QR code on entry. If you are unable to use the QR code, you will be asked to provide some personal details
- Perform hand hygiene on entry
- Maintain 1.5 metres physical distancing
- Wear a surgical face mask. Please note: Surgical face masks will be provided to you at Concierge; cloth masks are not permitted to be worn at any hospital setting.
In all health settings a surgical face mask will be required. However, in some settings such as high-risk settings with vulnerable patients, visitors may also need to wear additional Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). If additional PPE is required for visitors the hospital will provide at ward level.
More information about mask wearing, including in our hospital settings, can be found on SA Health’s face masks page.
COVID-19 Screening questions
Before entering, you will be asked a series of questions to promote the safety of our patients, staff, and our community.
About the QR Code
- More information about how to use the QR codes can be found at covid-19.sa.gov.au.