COVID-19 update 11 January 2021
11 January 2021
There has been one new case of COVID-19 today, reported from a medi-hotel. There have been a total of 588 cases notified in South Australia.
Today’s case is a child who recently arrived from overseas and has been in a medi-hotel since their arrival.
SA Health is continuing to monitor the situation interstate. For the latest updates and testing requirements visit www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/covidcontacttracing.
- Total new cases today - 1
- Total number currently in hospital - 0
- Total cases to date - 588
- Recovered cases - 569
- Deaths - 4
- Tests carried out yesterday - 5,462
- Total tests to date - 889,156
- Active cases - 15
- Overseas acquired - 15
- Close contact - 0
- Locally acquired (contact unknown) - 0
- Interstate acquired - 0
- Under investigation (in quarantine) - 0
All South Australians who have symptoms of COVID-19 should get tested on the day symptoms appear. Symptoms include:
- Fever or chills (in the absence of an alternative illness that explains these symptoms)
- An acute respiratory infection e.g. cough, sore throat, runny nose, or shortness of breath
- Loss of smell or alteration in the sense of taste
For more information
SA COVID-19 Information Line 1800 253 787; sahealth.sa.gov.au/COVID2019