Nursing and Midwifery Office
The Nursing and Midwifery Office (NMO), led by the Chief Nurse and Midwifery Officer Ms Jennifer Hurley, sets the strategic direction of the nursing and midwifery professions in South Australia.
The NMO achieves this through engagement, partnership and collaboration with more than 33,000 South Australian nurses and midwives who work across the private and public sectors, the education sector, and other health care-related industries. Consumers and other key stakeholders also play a vital role in informing the work of the NMO.
The Nursing and Midwifery Office is a part of the System Leadership and Design group and works in an inter-professional collaborative model with the Office of the Chief Medical Officer and the Chief Allied and Scientific Health Advisor's Office, all members of the Clinical Collaborative.
The Nursing and Midwifery Office is committed to the values of SA Health and supports the embedding of health reform priorities, culture, best practice and the provision of professional nursing and midwifery leadership.
The Nursing and Midwifery Office oversees the provision of professional nursing and midwifery advice and influences the development of the nursing and midwifery professions within South Australia.
Nursing and Midwifery Strategic Directions 2019 — 2022
The Nursing and Midwifery Strategic Directions 2019 - 2022 are the current and future priorities and directions for nursing and midwifery in South Australia. To learn more about the strategic directions and view the 4 promotional video’s supporting their application please visit the Nursing and Midwifery Strategic Directions page.
- SA Nursing and Midwifery Excellence Awards
- The SA Premier’s Nursing and Midwifery Scholarships
- Nursing and Midwifery Office Newsletter
- Registered Nurse/Midwife Renewal Program
- SA Health Study Assistance Program for Nurses and Midwives
- Country Health SA Local Health Network Scholarships
- Australian College of Nursing Scholarships
- SA Health Nursing and Midwifery Congress of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Nurses and Midwives (CATSINaM) Conference Scholarships
- TIER (Transform, Inspire, Engage and Redesign) Leadership and Management Program
- Certified Health Informatician Australia credentialing program
- Quality Improvement Performance Hub for the application of data driven decision making
- Clinical Fellowships
- Clinical Key - Elsevier
For further information please contact the Nursing and Midwifery Office phone (08) 8226 0749.