Clinical Academic Enterprise Agreement
The SA Health Clinical Academics Enterprise Agreement 2018 came into force on 24 January 2019 and nominally expired on 31 March 2021.
All Clinical Academics who are employed in the SA public sector are covered by the Clinical Academics Enterprise Agreement. Clinical Academic means a specialist registered by the Medical Board of Australia and who is employed by a University as a Professor, Associate Professor, Senior Lecturer or Lecturer in the faculty of Health Sciences and also employed by the employing authority as a Clinical Academic.
Negotiations for a new Clinical Academics Enterprise Agreement are currently underway. The Enterprise Agreement is negotiated between the SA Government and the South Australian Salaried Medical Officers Association (SASMOA).
Process for negotiations
On 7 July 2022, the Industrial Relations and Policy Branch of the Attorney General’s Department commenced negotiations for a new Clinical Academics Enterprise Agreement.
The Industrial Relations and Policy Branch act on behalf of the Declared Employer (Chief Executive, Attorney General’s Department) and lead negotiations for all enterprise agreements across the South Australian public sector.
The Department for Health and Wellbeing support the Industrial Relations and Policy Branch during the negotiations.
Constructive discussions are continuing regarding SASMOA’s claims for inclusion in the new agreement being:
- Equivalency in pay increase with expected CPI and other health professional enterprise agreements under the current government.
- Equivalency of professional development allowance for Clinical Academics with Salaried Medical Officers
- Permanent appointment to Clinical Academics positions
- Workforce and succession planning for Clinical Academic positions
- Electronic recording of Clinical Academic LSL, annual leave, sick leave and retention leave including visibility on payslip as required by relevant legislation
- Review of time obligations and contract funding between the employer and the University, including commitment to TOIL
- Car parking charge be equivalent to a maximum of $2.50 per day.
- Insertion of the definition of telemedicine; and
- Implementation of recommendations set out in the South Australian Productivity Commission – Final Report of the Inquiry into Health and Medical research in South Australia.
Updates on bargaining for the new Clinical Academics Enterprise Agreement will be published here.
Previous agreements and documentation
- SA Health Clinical Academics Enterprise Agreement 2018 (PDF 652KB)
- Letter from CE of SA Health (PDF 333KB)
- The Agreement Explained (PDF 299KB)
- Ballot instructions (PDF 167KB)
If you have any feedback or questions please speak to your line manager, the Human Resources section within your local health network, or Workforce Relations, Department for Health and Wellbeing.