Previous winners for both metropolitan and regional Minister for Health and Wellbeing - Excellence in Public Health Awards.
Excellence in Public Health Awards - Apply for the Regional Council Award
All regional councils across South Australia are encouraged to nominate one new or ongoing initiative that has had a positive impact on public health in their community.
Award winning councils will receive $3,000 to help further progress public health initiatives for communities.
Councils’ public health initiatives can include:
- essential public health functions undertaken as council responsibilities under the SA Public Health Act 2011
- a new project or innovation for health protection, health promotion and disease prevention
To be successful, a council’s nominations should:
- show how the project meets local public health needs and priorities
- demonstrate links to public health planning
- clearly describe how the project was/is implemented, and how local stakeholders were/are involved
- highlight project success, and public health benefits for the local community
- make your council’s case for excellence
For more information on the nominations process, download the Nomination Guide (PDF 650KB)
To apply now, download the Regional Application Form (PDF 1.02MB)
2022 regional winner
Naracoorte Lucindale Council – Naracoorte Lucindale Wellbeing Program
Last year, in partnership with Wellbeing SA, the Naracoorte Lucindale Council nominated an initiative that supported community resilience and wellbeing in response to COVID-19. It delivered a suite of evidence-led initiatives for positive behavioural change and a better-connected community.
The Naracoorte Lucindale Council was named the 2022 Regional Winner and awarded $3,000. The prize money went toward the designing and publishing of an art trail map to highlight local artists and their work.
The Naracoorte Art Trail map provides a highly portable and interactive format for visitors to enjoy self-guided tours around Naracoorte and surrounding areas, helping to promote the positive impact the Arts have on mental, physical, and social wellbeing.
Naracoorte Art Trail Map.