South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI)
The South Australian Health and Medical Research Institute (SAHMRI) is South Australia’s independent health and medical research institute, which was established to:
- develop a centre of excellence in both Australia and internationally for the benefit of the community in undertaking, promoting and expanding research relating to human medicine and health, the social determinants of health and health service delivery
- facilitate the transfer and practical application of knowledge acquired from its research activities to improve the health and wellbeing of the community
- develop, promote and create opportunities for the development and promotion of knowledge acquired from research activities
- work collaboratively and facilitate collaboration among universities, other research institutions and the government to achieve high-quality outcomes
- attract funding from within and outside Australia for the conduct of research relating to human medicine or health
For more information visit the SAHMRI website.