Public Health Week
In 2016, SA Health hosted South Australia’s inaugural Public Health Week from Monday 4 to Friday 8 April.
Look ‘behind the scenes’ during Public Health Week
Public Health Week provided a great opportunity to learn more about public health and all the ways it touches your life every day, as well as what you can do to keep safe and well.
For example, public health in South Australia:
- protects your health
- prevents illness
- promotes ways people can achieve and maintain good health and wellbeing
- is delivered by the State Government, local councils and other organisations, all working together to deal with existing public health issues and to prepare for challenges in the future.
Public Health Week activities
During Public Health Week, there were a range of activities organised by SA Health, the Local Government Association and local councils, including displays, activities and, on Thursday 7 April, a stall in Rundle Mall to mark World Health Day.
Local Councils and Public Health Week
Public Health Week also provided opportunities for local councils to showcase their public health initiatives through activities like events, displays and promotions.
To help local councils plan and prepare for Public Health Week, SA Health provided a range of resources, including;
- Resource toolkit for local councils (PDF 222KB)
- Public Health Week fact sheet (PDF 191KB)
- Councils and organisations fact sheet (PDF 122KB)
- Hosting healthy get-together (PDF 123KB)
- Public Health Week poster (PDF 473KB)
- Public Health Week resource order form (DOC 127KB)
For more information about Public Health Week 2016, contact SA Health’s Local Government Relations and Policy Team on telephone (08) 8226 7957 or e-mail email@example.com