SA Health and local government are committed to working together to continuously improve food safety in South Australia. A work plan has been established under the Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) between the Minister for Health and the Local Government Association, and a number of key priorities have been identified for 2014-2016
Key priorities include:
- developing a state wide system for risk classification and inspection frequency of food businesses
- developing a Food Act Toolkit for regulators to assist in consistent monitoring and enforcement of the Food Act and Food Standards Code.
- developing and piloting a state wide Food Safety Rating Scheme.
- identifying national food regulation reform that links to local government work.
- reviewing the requirement for notification for food businesses
- reviewing audit and inspection fees for food businesses.
For further information on the Memorandum of Understanding between SA Health and Local Government, please refer to the work plan listed on the Local Government Association of South Australia website.