Food industry sector information
All food businesses have a legal responsibility to ensure the safety of food sold to customers and are required to comply with the South Australia Food Act 2001 and the Australia New Zealand Food Standards Code.
Some industry sectors have specific requirements that need to be complied with. This section provides information to assist you with understanding industry sector requirements that may be applicable to you.
- Aged care centre food safety requirements
- Bivalve mollusc and seafood businesses food safety requirements
- Butchers and food safety
- Catering and mobile food premises and food safety
- Charity and community groups and food safety
- Childcare centre food safety requirements
- Egg processor food safety requirements
- Food service and closely related retail
- Hospital food safety requirements
- Vacuum packing ready-to-eat meat food safety requirements