SA Health Emergency Management System (SAHEMS)
During an emergency situation it is vital that the South Australian health system has real-time access to information about the status of an incident and the developing impact on the health system for example, extraordinary bed capacity at various hospitals.
The SA Health Emergency Management System (SAHEMS) provides a common environment for Incident Commanders and Incident Management Teams to capture, record and share incident information including new incidents, allocation of tasks and decisions made.
This system complements existing recording methods so will not create additional work and it allows fast and efficient data entry which will reduce the time taken on this during an incident.
Accessing SAHEMS requires a login. If you would like to register for a login please contact your local Emergency Management Co-ordinator.
See the following documents for assistance accessing SAHEMS:
For general support (including setting up users, reporting bugs or general troubleshooting)
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- phone (08) 7070 0900, Monday to Friday between 9.00 am and 5.00 pm
For critical, incident related support call (08) 7070 0900, 24 hours, 7 days and select option 1 to speak to a technical adviser
SA Health eHealth Systems do not support SAHEMS.
A suite of training materials has been created for SAHEMS, see the following sites to access these:
Training site instructional fact sheets
- Logging into SAHEMS training site (PDF 166KB)
- Completing an extreme heat report in the training environment (PDF 865KB)
Taking a role instructional fact sheets
- Health Bronze Commander (PDF 250KB)
- Health Regional Commander - Country Health SA Local Health Network (PDF 246KB)
- Health Silver Commander (PDF 283KB)
- Ambulance Gold Commander (PDF 278KB)
- Ambulance Gold Command Incident Management Team role (PDF 530KB)
- Ambulance Incident Command Field Environment role (PDF 282KB)
Extreme heat instructional fact sheets
- Completing an extreme heat report (PDF 865KB) - full process
- Logging out of a post heat related activity (PDF 127KB)