Top tips for healthy living
No matter what age, you can take steps now towards better health and feeling great. Even small changes can make a big difference to how you feel.
Top four ways to better health
The four biggest changes you can make to lead a healthier, happier and longer life are:
Make your healthy change now
Get ideas and help in our Healthy Living section:
- tools to assess your health risks (smoking, nutrition, weight, alcohol, physical activity and drugs)
- healthy weight tips for children, adults and during pregnancy
- tips for healthy eating and being active
- healthy mind tips for looking after your mental wellbeing.
What’s your healthy change? Tell us!
Publicly committing to making changes can help you stay motivated and get results. Sharing your healthy living changes with other South Australians can also help motivate them and create a healthier state. Post your healthy change on our Facebook page, we'd love to hear from you!
Need help to make your healthy change?
Help is available when you need it.
- For help with quitting smoking call the Quitline on 13 78 48 or visit Quit SA.
- Visit Swap it, Don't Stop It for ideas and tools for eating healthier and being active.
- For help with reducing your alcohol intake visit the drug and alcohol website or call the Alcohol and Drug Information Service (ADIS) on 1300 13 1340.
- Learn how to Be Active.