Healthy Workers - Healthy Futures initiative
The Healthy Workers - Healthy Futures initiative is funded and managed by SA Health.
The initiative encourages all workplaces to create working environments that support employees to:
- increase physical activity
- improve nutrition
- decrease rates of smoking
- reduce harmful and hazardous alcohol consumption
- improve their overall mental and emotional wellbeing.
This website contains tools, templates and ideas to support any workplace, within any industry, to create a culture and environment supportive of healthy lifestyles.
The central focus of the Healthy Workers - Healthy Futures initiative is supporting peak industry bodies in high-need industries in South Australia. These agencies lead the change agenda across their sector to enable businesses to create an environment and culture that promotes health and wellbeing.
Funded industry associations
SA Health is currently partnered with the following industry bodies:
- Australian Industry Group, representing the manufacturing sector
- Civil Contractors Federation (SA), representing the civil construction industry
- Defence Teaming Centre, representing defence-related enterprise
- Group Training Australia (SA), representing apprentices