Adults dental care
- Use a small, soft toothbrush to clean your teeth and gums morning and night.
- Use adult fluoride toothpaste. After brushing, spit the toothpaste out but don’t rinse.
- Replace your toothbrush regularly.
- Choose healthy snacks between meals such as fruit, vegetables, nuts, reduced salt crackers and reduced fat dairy foods such as plain yoghurt and cheese.
- Limit soft drinks, energy drinks, cordial and juices.
- Plain tap water is the best drink for your teeth.
- Try chewing sugar free gum between meals to stimulate saliva, which will help protect teeth from tooth decay.
- If you are a smoker, think about quitting and give your teeth and gums a healthy chance (call Quitline for free advice).