About Yarrow Place services
Yarrow Place Rape and Sexual Assault Service is an inclusive service for anyone who has been sexually assaulted. If we are unable to provide you with services, we can talk with you about referral options.
At Yarrow Place people who have been sexually assaulted:
- will be listened to
- will be given information about their medical, legal and counselling options in a way that is clear and easy to understand
- have their right to privacy and confidentiality respected ‑ any limitations to this will be discussed.
Direct services include:
- 24 hour Crisis Response Service (medical and counselling services for recent sexual assault)
- professional counselling and advocacy for recent and past sexual assault
- medical care
- collection of forensic evidence as requested by those people who have made, or wish to make, a complaint to the police
- support groups
- referral to other services as appropriate
- short-term counselling for support persons.
- direct medical and counselling services are free
- interpreters and childcare can be arranged
- a referral is not necessary and all services are by appointment
- office hours are Monday to Friday 9 am to 5 pm
- there is a 24-hour service for recent sexual assault
Yarrow Place has country workers based in Whyalla, the Riverland and Mount Gambier. If you would like to speak with a country worker and access counselling or training in any of these regions, please call our toll free number 1-800-817-421 for more details.
What if I am in a country area and would like a forensic medical service?
If you are in a country area, this service is offered by Country Health SA at your general hospital. Contact your local police for further details.
Contact Yarrow Place
To access a free and confidential service, please call us.
Phone during office hours: (08) 8226 8777
After hours: (08) 8226 8787
Toll-free in SA: 1800 817 421
Fax: (08) 8226 8778
Level 2, 55 King William Road, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006
PO Box 620, North Adelaide, South Australia 5006