Preparing for your telerehabilitation appointment
Before your telerehabilitation appointment
Before your telerehabilitation appointment, please ensure you have read and completed the necessary steps outlined on the Accessing telerehabilitation page. This includes:
- arranging to borrow an SA Health iPad, or
- setting up your own device to ensure Cisco Spark is working and ready to go.
During your telerehabilitation appointment
A rehabilitation health professional will video call you from a SA Health site. Please ensure that you have Cisco Spark video conferencing software running on the device and are ready to receive calls. During your appointments, please:
- use a private and quiet room with good lighting
- close down any unnecessary programs or software applications on your device
- use the self-view function on Cisco Spark to check that your video appears like a ‘news presenter’ (centred and easily visible)
- limit background noise (consider minimising potential disruptions by pets/children)
- have a phone nearby (on silent) in case there are any connection issues.
Using telerehabilitation in the home
For examples of using telerehabilitation, view patient stories and testimonials or view the videos below.
iPad set up in the patient’s home
The following video provides a simple guide to how you can prepare at home for Telerehabilitation.
The following video demonstrates some of the ways your rehabilitation team can provide therapy in your own home.
For more information about telerehabilitation services: