Physiotherapy outpatient services in CALHN
Central Adelaide Local Health Network (CALHN) Physiotherapy outpatient services are provided at both the Royal Adelaide Hospital (RAH) and The Queen Elizabeth Hospital (TQEH). While many services are provided at both sites, patients may need to be directed to a particular site for management of specific conditions.
- Adult musculoskeletal conditions
- Burns outpatients (state-wide)
- Patients referred from the RAH Pain Management Unit with chronic pain
- Haemophilia (state-wide)
- Hand therapy
- Lymphoedema (limited service and eligibility - contact TQEH/RAH directly)
- Patients with a chronic respiratory disease who may benefit from instruction in airway clearance techniques
- Assessment and treatment of pelvic floor function and continence issues (males and females)
Services not provided
- Chronic neurological conditions, such as Parkinson’s, stroke, TBI, SCI, Multiple Sclerosis, Motor Neurone Disease, spasticity
- Bandaging/garments for vascular conditions
- Exercise prescription for weight control
- Soft tissue massage only
- Paediatric conditions
- Return to work/Industrial Rehabilitation/Work Cover/Motor Accident claims or any compensable condition
All services require a written referral from general practitioners/medical specialists from within CALHN on the state-wide standard outpatient referral form. Referrals are also accepted from external allied health practitioners. Internal referrals are accepted at both the RAH and TQEH.
All referrals are triaged within 24 hrs to determine the clinical urgency of the patient’s condition.
Wait times will vary depending on the patient’s clinical need and the level of demand on the service.
General information to assist with referrals and the referral template are available from the SA Health outpatient services website (www.sahealth.sa.gov.au/outpatientreferralprocess)
TQEH Telephone: (08) 8222 6621
RAH Telephone: (08) 1300 153 853
Fax (for referrals):
TQEH Fax: (08) 8222 6100
RAH Fax: (08) 7074 6247