National Health Services Directory
Find your local health service
Find your nearest health service using the new National Health Services Directory (NHSD). Search for health services like:
- hospitals and emergency departments
- audiologists, physiotherapists, dentists, counsellors, dieticians and more.
How to use the National Health Services Directory
- Simply click on one of the four Service Buttons OR select a Service Type OR enter your Keywords.
- Enter your postcode or suburb name in the Location field.
- You can refine your search to services meeting the following criteria by selecting one or more of the check boxes:
- services open now
- services with Telehealth facilities
- services that bulk-bill
- services with wheelchair access.
For more details about a service, click the orange site name in the results to see more information including:
- opening hours
- whether an appointment is required
- accessibility information
- location map.
What is the National Health Services Directory?
Consistent with the National Health Reform Agenda the Health Services Finder is transitioning to an Australia-wide database known as the NHSD.
SA Health has moved its comprehensive information about health services from the private, public and community sectors in South Australia to the NHSD.
More information and contacts
General NHSD queries
If you experience:
- problems or errors when searching the NHSD, or
- have a general query or feedback about the NHSD
Please email the NHSD Team at email@example.com providing information about the issue with your name and contact details.
If you have a complaint about health and community services, when a direct approach to the service provider is either unreasonable, or had not succeeded you may contact the Health and Community Services Complaints Commissioner
Updating service information in the NHSD
If you have found the service you are looking for but the information is incorrect or incomplete, please click on the ‘Report an Error’ button in the search results page or email: firstname.lastname@example.org and provide details of the service and the changes required.
Registering new services in the NHS Directory
If you would like to register your service in the directory you can:
- go to www.nhsd.com.au/register
- email the NHSD Team at email@example.com and request a registration form to be emailed, faxed or posted to you - include your position, contact details, organisation name and the type of health service you provide.