Repatriation General Hospital services listing - C
CGS provides short term case management and support to older people with complex care needs and is coordinated by a social worker, nurse and occupational therapist. The service helps reduce unnecessary admissions to hospital or residential care and provides:
- holistic and comprehensive in-home assessment
- linking people to supports and services
- liaison with GPs
- developing care plans and monitoring clients in the community
- specialised geriatrician consultation and medical intervention when needed
There are no out-of-pocket expenses for the patient.
- are 65 years and above with complex care needs who require input from a geriatrician
- are below 65 may be accepted if they have an age related illness such as early onset dementia
- have deteriorated in their level of functioning due to health issues such as cognitive decline or frailty
- are having difficulty managing independently in the community
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders will be considered from 45 years
Hours: 9.00am-5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Telephone: (08) 8275 2807
Fax: (08) 8275 2809
Please fax referrals to Community Geriatric Services, RGH
Visit the CGS outpatient profile in the 4th Generation Clinics section for clinic details.
Ward 3 combines Critical Care (high dependency and level 2 intensive care) and Coronary Care and supports RGH's acute medical, surgical and sub-acute services.
- invasive haemodynamic and cardiac monitoring
- mechanical ventilation
- non-invasive ventilatory support
- emergency resuscitation response and review team
Critical Care and Coronary Care have a strong relationship with Flinders Medical Centre.
Location: Ward 3 - Tobruk ward: (08) 8275 1198
Fax: (08) 8275 1050
Hours: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week