Speech Pathology Services at Noarlunga Hospital
NH speech pathologists work with people who have communication or swallowing difficulties to improve their health and quality of life. We provide inpatient and outpatient services for people 18 years and older. Our team can:
- diagnose and manage swallowing problems
- diagnose and manage communication disorders (speech/language)
including those relating to brain injury, stroke, physical trauma, tumours, Parkinson’s disease and other neurological conditions
- diagnose and manage voice disorders
- provide education sessions for carers and relevant others as necessary
- provide support and education to those managing our clients in the community (including residential care facilities)
Please note: Inpatients are prioritised for this service and referrals are triaged. People are referred to specialist clinics when appropriate.
Treatment is individual. However, on occasion we are able to offer speech and language groups.
Location: Alexander Kelly Clinics, Noarlunga Hospital, accessed via the main entrance
Telephone: (08) 8384 9233
Fax: (08) 8384 9711
Hours: 9.00am - 5.00pm, Monday to Friday
Anyone can refer to our services with the patient's permission. The speech pathologist will then contact the patient/carer and make an appointment. Medical information will be sought as necessary, generally from your GP. Please access Referral processes for more information about referring to NH.
Visit the Speech Pathology Clinic information for details about our outpatient services