Clinical Psychology Services at Noarlunga Hospital
Noarlunga Hospital (NH) Clinical Psychology provides inpatient and outpatient services to help people develop skills to adjust their behaviour and understanding, and to help them regulate emotion.
We help people with:
- depression related to illness or injury
- adapting to change due to chronic illness, anxiety and psychological trauma
- managing pain
- lifestyle changes
Please refer to Noarlunga Emergency Mental Health Service (NEMHS) for presentations relating to:
- personality disorder
- active suicidal risk
- severe depression
Telephone: (08) 8384 9222
Adaire Clinic should also be contacted regarding people who are known to Mental Health Services.
Telephone: (08) 8384 9599
NH Clinical Psychology treats inpatients and outpatients who have an ongoing relationship with the hospital. Alternate local psychology services can be accessed through:
- GP Plus at Noarlunga or Aldinga
- Medicare's Better Access Scheme accessed via your GP
- Australian Psychological Society Referral Telephone Line for people pursuing compensation claims.
Referrals can be made by NH nursing, medical and allied health staff and by visiting medical specialists. Please use EPAS (inpatients) or internal referral form (outpatients) or by speaking with the psychologist.
Please note: the clinical psychologist works part time; therefore crisis referrals cannot be taken.