Visit Lyell McEwin Hospital
Visitors play an important part in any patient’s hospital stay and are welcome. Visitors are encouraged to visit within the following times:
General wards: 10.00 am to 12:00 pm and 3.00 pm to 8.00 pm daily.
Women’s Health Unit: 11.00 am to 1.00 pm and 3.00 pm to 8:00 pm daily. The maternity unit is also open for husbands/partners only between 8.00 am to 11.00 am.
Paediatric ward: 10.00 am to 1.00 pm and 3.00 pm to 8.00 pm daily.
Unrestricted visiting for parents.
- Visiting is at the discretion of nursing and midwifery staff, from whom permission should first be obtained.
- Please check food, sweets and drinks for patients with the nursing and midwifery staff, as many patients are on special diets.
- To avoid inconvenience to other patients, please restrict the number of visitors to two per patient at any one time, if possible.
- Please consider patients in the hospital, by behaving quietly and observing any restrictions on visitation made for the benefit of the patient.
- Visiting children are the responsibility of their parent or adult carer and must be supervised at all times while in the hospital, and noise kept to a minimum.
- Furniture is placed to ensure rapid access to rooms in emergencies. For this reason, seating for visitors is limited.