Clinical Improvement Unit (formerly Redesigning Care) at Flinders Medical Centre
The Clinical Improvement Unit focuses on continuous improvement and problem solving methodology, for example, end-to-end patient pathway improvement.
8 Step Problem Solving Process (PDF 77KB)
5S in Healthcare - Redesigning Care SALHN (PDF 344KB)
Standard Work fact sheet - Redesigning Care SALHN (PDF 192KB)
Ward Pull fact sheet - Redesigning Care SALHN (PDF 369KB)
Visual Management fact sheet - Redesigning Care SALHN (PDF 174KB)
Value stream fact sheet - Redesigning Care SALHN (PDF 1.26MB)
5S in Healthcare: Improving workflow through workplace organisation (Youtube)
Introduction to Lean Thinking One Day Workshop
This workshop is run annually in March.
Please register your interest for the next workshop, see contact details below.
Participants in the one day workshop will:
- gain an understanding of Lean Thinking principles and their origins
- develop an understanding of how these principles apply to healthcare
- hear case studies that demonstrate outcomes that are possible
- gain an understanding of value stream mapping and other lean tools
- consider how to apply lean in your own practice environment
Clinical Improvement Unit
E5 The Flats
Flinders Medical Centre
Bedford Park SA 5042
Telephone: (08) 8204 6260