Car parking fees exemptions for metropolitan hospitals
The following exemptions apply for Modbury Hospital, Hampstead Rehabilitation Centre, Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Lyell McEwin Hospital and Noarlunga Hospital.
- patients who have to go to hospital for clinical reasons at least once a week for at least four weeks. This specifically includes chemotherapy, radiotherapy and renal dialysis patients. Other patients may be eligible subject to the approval by the Health facility manager or their delegate
- volunteers approved by the Health facility manager
- visitors attending ANZAC Day and Remembrance Day events at the Repatriation General Hospital
- bicycle parking in designated locations
- the Health facility manager will grant other exemptions in exceptional circumstances only.
Are there any situations where I don’t have to pay for car parking?
- Short-term drop-off parking near the Emergency Department will be available free of charge.
- There will continue to be free short-term parking for patient drop-offs and pick-ups.
- A discounted weekly rate is available for $38 for people who need to visit the hospital frequently and for lengthy periods of time. This is available for everyone from the pay stations or the Car Parking Officer
- Department of Veteran Affairs (DVA) gold card holders will need to pay for parking but can get their costs reimbursed from the DVA by submitting a claim.
DVA white card holders will need to pay for parking but can claim a reimbursement from the DVA for any costs that relate to treatment of their relevant condition.
- Apart from these situations, exemptions will only be given to people in the below categories.
Please note existing exemptions will continue to apply at the Royal Adelaide Hospital and Flinders Medical Centre.
How can I apply for a fee exemption?
The Health facility manager or their delegate will approve all exemptions.
Patients: See the Car parking officer at your site.
Volunteers: See the Volunteer Office at your site.
For more information on the changes please refer to the following:
- Car parking fees for the public frequently asked questions (PDF 73KB)
- Car parking fee exemptions frequently asked questions (PDF 58KB)
- How to make a complaint (PDF 42KB)