Services provided by Jamestown Hospital and Health Service
Accident and emergency services
Services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
General medical and surgical care includes:
- aged residential care
- community bus
- day therapy centres
- delivered meals (meals on wheels)
- diagnostic radiology/xray/CT/fluoroscopy
- health advocacy/liaison service
- maternal and child health
- nurse lead clinics
- palliative care
- personal care for older persons
- planned activity groups for older persons
- plastic and reconstructive surgery
- respite care
- same day stays
- surgery – general.
Residential aged care
Jamestown Hospital and Health Service offers residential aged care facilities at the co-located Symonds Wing (PDF 326KB). Jamestown Hospital and Health Service provides residential accommodation for older people in need of high-level care. There is also respite care available for the aged.
Community health services
The Yorke and Northern Region Community Health Services – Mid North provides a range of services from eight sites in the region:
- Booleroo Centre
- Crystal Brook
- Port Broughton
- Port Pirie.