Services at South Coast District Hospital
Accident and emergency services
Services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
General medical and surgical care includes:
- general dental
- geriatric medicine
- medical oncology
- orthopaedic surgery
- palliative care facilities
- plastic and reconstructive surgery
- renal dialysis
- same day stays
- surgery – general
Maternity and obstetrics
South Coast District Hospital has birthing suites available.
Renal Dialysis Unit
The South Coast District Hospital provides renal dialysis services in collaboration with Flinders Medical Centre Haemodialysis.
Phone: South Coast District Hospital (08) 8552 0454 or 8552 0500
The South Coast District Hospital provides low-risk chemotherapy treatment in Victor Harbor under the care of your oncologist based at the Flinders Medical Centre.
South Coast District Hospital Chemotherapy Unit services include:
- Coordination of your cancer care which can help you navigate the health system.
- Low-risk chemotherapy treatment including oral chemotherapy and intravenous infusion treatments in the chemotherapy unit or via slow release pumps.
- Access to a visiting oncology clinic at the South Coast Chemotherapy Unit.
- Access to video conferencing units so you can have follow-up appointments with your oncologist reducing the need to travel.
- Non-chemotherapy infusion centre services including pump disconnects, PICC and Port flushes.
See the New regional cancer services brochure (PDF 120KB) for more information.
Breast Care Nurse
Our breast care nurse provides community and client information support and referral for conditions of the breast, including breast cancer. This service is supported by the McGrath Foundation.
Telephone: (08) 8552 0590
Located on the grounds of South Coast District Hospital in a separate building. Entry is via the Harborview Terrace entrance. Parking is available on site.
Telephone: (08) 8552 4466
SA Pathology services are offered to the public 5 days per week.
Located directly opposite Radiology within the South Coast District Hospital campus. On-site parking is available.
Community health services
The Hills Southern Fleurieu Kangaroo Island Community Health Service provides a range of services from 4 sites in the region:
- Mount Barker
- Kingscote, Kangaroo Island
- Victor Harbor.