Services provided by Mount Barker District Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital
Accident and emergency services
Services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days per week.
General medical and surgical care includes:
- aged care assessment team
- day surgery facilities
- diagnostic radiology, x-ray, CT, fluoroscopy
- diagnostic ultrasound
- home medicine review
- oral surgery
- orthopaedic surgery
- plastic and reconstructive surgery
- same day stays
- surgery - general
Maternity and obstetrics
Mount Barker District Soldiers’ Memorial Hospital has birthing facilities available. We provide pre-birth care, antenatal care with Obstetricians, GP/Obstetricians and Midwives through pregnancy continuum. We offer labour and birth from 37 weeks gestation with a 24 hour emergency theatre.
Childbirth and parenting classes are conducted as well as community Midwifery service. A midwife can visit you at home to support you after the birth of your baby.
You can now receive low risk chemotherapy treatment in Mount Barker, under the care of your oncologist based at the Royal Adelaide Hospital.
Mount Barker Chemotherapy Unit services include:
- coordination of your cancer care which can help you navigate the health system
- low risk chemotherapy treatment including oral chemotherapy and intravenous infusion treatments in the chemotherapy unit or via slow release pumps
- access to Digital Telehealth Network equipment so you can have follow-up appointments with your Oncologist without the need to travel
- non-chemotherapy infusion centre services including:
- pump disconnects
- PICC dressings
- port flushes
- blood transfusions referred from any source.
See the New regional cancer services brochure (PDF 100KB) for more information.
Community health services
The Hills Southern Fleurieu Kangaroo Island Community Health Service provides a range of services from four sites in the region:
- Mount Barker
- Kingscote, Kangaroo Island
- Victor Harbor.