Aboriginal drug and alcohol services and programs
Aboriginal Connection Program
The Aboriginal Connection Program is a dedicated alcohol and other drug treatment service for Aboriginal people within the inner city and metropolitan areas of Adelaide. The Aboriginal Connection Program can assist Aboriginal people who are vulnerable, homeless or at risk of homelessness with:
- Substance misuse assessment regarding alcohol, tobacco and other drugs
- Referrals to services for homelessness and mental health issues
- Assistance in connecting clients with relevant support services.
The program provides:
- Privacy and confidentiality
- Services provided in a culturally appropriate manner
- Case workers who are flexible and responsive to individual needs.
The Aboriginal Connection Program also takes referrals from other inner city and metropolitan agencies as well as directly from Aboriginal people seeking support.
- Opening hours: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 4:00pm
- Contact number for referrals: 0435 960 984
- After-hours contact: Alcohol and Drug Information Service 1300 13 1340
Anangu Pitjantjatjara Yankunytjatjara Lands (APY Lands) Substance Misuse Service
The APY Lands Substance Misuse Service provides a range of treatment programs for Anangu who live or come from the APY Lands who are experiencing problems caused by substance misuse. The service provides assessment and treatment for people who misuse petrol, alcohol, cannabis and other substances.
While some people self-refer, other referrals come from the community and government and non-government community services.
For further information:
- Telephone: (08) 8955 8354
- Fax: (08) 8955 8354
- Email: HealthDassaAPY@sa.gov.au
- APY Lands Substance Misuse referral guidelines (PDF 822KB)
- Yarndi - cutting down or quitting its your choice (cannabis) (PDF1.6MB) A4 poster (2015)
- Yarndi - cutting down or quitting its your choice (cannabis) (PDF1.6MB) Wallet card (2015)
- Nukkan - what it does to you (speed) (PDF 346KB) Wallet card (2015)
- Muthan - Its effects on me and my family (alcohol) (PDF 1.6MB)
A4 poster (2015)
- Muthan - Its effects on me and my family (alcohol) (PDF 457KB)
Wallet card (2015)