Help at Home - Delivered your way
“I don’t want to move anywhere; I’ll be just fine at home. I just need a bit of help with a few things that aren’t as easy as they used to be.”
Maintaining independence to do the things you enjoy is important. Country Health SA offers a range of care at home services that are available for older people including veterans and war widows, people with disabilities, or those needing help after a hospital stay.
Our experienced staff are qualified to help you determine what services best meet your needs. They can support you through the eligibility and assessment process and provide you with advice and guidance on how best to remain well and independent at home. Call 1800 944 912 or contact your local regional health service for more detail.
What services are offered?
Services can be delivered in your home or within the community.
Services may include:
- household help such as cleaning, washing or shopping
- nursing and allied health services
- therapy and rehabilitation
- day centre and group activities
- linking with activities in your local community
- home maintenance and modifications
- support with equipment and transport needs
- respite and carer support
- Home Care Packages for more complex in-home support services
- Aged care or nursing home.
Older people aged 65 and over, or 50 and over for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, still living at home and wishing to remain living independently.
You may be asked to contribute towards the cost of your chosen services.The contribution will vary depending on the type of service required and your financial circumstances.