SAAS MedSTAR emergency medical retrieval services
MedSTAR is SA Ambulance Service’s unique 24-hour emergency medical retrieval service. It provides South Australians with the highest level of emergency medical patient care, treatment and transport from any location in the State to the most appropriate medical facility.
SA Ambulance Service provides a one-call service which coordinates patients’ medical care, transport and retrieval
Our services include:
- specialist consultant delivered medical retrieval advice 24 hours, 7 days a week
- rapid clinical response for patients who need critical care and transport
- emergency transport between hospitals for the critically ill and injured
- rapid response for pre-hospital trauma care
- specially trained teams that provide emergency transport and care for children from birth to 16 years of age and obstetric emergencies
- specialist escorted inter-hospital transfers
- support in medical and surgical emergencies and disaster preparedness and response anywhere in the State
- national and international aeromedical retrievals and repatriation and support to South Australian health practitioners.
Critically ill and injured patients are retrieved using a range of transport options including:
- emergency ambulances
- kids ambulance
- fixed wing aircraft (MedSTAR contracts the Royal Flying Doctor Service or jet charter)
- commercial flights
- commercial vehicles.
Working with MedSTAR
If you would like to work with us go to our Work with MedSTAR page.
More about MedSTAR
For more information go to our About us page.
For emergencies 24-hours, 7 days a week telephone 000.
Health professionals' advice line
Health professionals can access specialist advice and MedSTAR Emergency Medical Retrieval services and organise urgent inter-hospital transfers by calling 13STAR (13 78 27).
Telephone: (08) 8154 4201
Fax: (08) 8355 9575
Postal address: PO Box 96 Export Park SA 5950
Administration office hours: Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 5:00 pm
Coordination: 216 Greenhill Road Eastwood South Australia
Management: 16 Schofield Drive Adelaide Airport South Australia
Operational base: 20 James Schofield Drive Adelaide Airport South Australia.
Supporting SAAS MedSTAR
SAAS MedSTAR is dedicated to excellent patient outcomes and understand this requires collaborative relationships with our health peers. We appreciate any feedback to assist us in our service endeavor.
Feedback can be forwarded via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
SAAS MedSTAR is reliant on government funding. Donations to assist with the ongoing development and improvement of our service can be made by contacting MedSTAR via the email address above.
All support is greatly appreciated.