Aboriginal health workers
Aboriginal health workers are available in many hospitals across South Australia to ensure that services are accessible and meet your cultural needs.
Services provided by Aboriginal health workers include:
- link you with health and other community-based services
- support and comfort you while using hospital services
- promote self-management
- liaise between doctor and patient
- refer to other health providers
- provide informal education to health workers about Aboriginal culture
- assist you with admission and discharge process from the hospital
- assist you to arrange a follow-up service after discharge
- advocate for you with government and non-government agencies.
Aboriginal health workers locations
Aboriginal health workers are available at the following locations:
- Flinders Medical Centre
- Lyell McEwin Hospital
- Royal Adelaide Hospital
- Rural Remote Mental Health Services, Glenside Campus
- The Queen Elizabeth Hospital
- Women’s and Children’s Hospital.