Aboriginal cultural consultants
The Children, Youth and Women's Health Service has a number of Aboriginal cultural consultants who support Aboriginal and Torres Straight Islander children and families.
Aboriginal cultural consultants provide access to services such as:
- home visiting
- health checks (pre-school, medical assessments, immunisation)
- hearing assessment
- family and baby program
- parent education
- linking families to local community supports and referral services in South Australia to:
- support non-Aboriginal staff in developing trusting relationships with Aboriginal families
- assist communication with Aboriginal families
- provide culturally sensitive services to Aboriginal children and families.
More information about this service is available from the Children, Youth and Women's Health Service.