South Coast Primary Health Care Precinct
The $10 million federally funded South Coast Primary Health Care Precinct development is well underway. Due for completion in July 2015, the project will deliver primary health, mental health and rehabilitation services to the South Coast and include:
- new building focusing on community wellbeing, rehabilitation and restorative health services
- a therapy courtyard for children and people with disabilities
- access to a range of health professionals in one location
- appointments using video conferencing
- improved training options for staff and student clinics
- access to meeting rooms for health related issues
- 50 additional car parking spaces.
The changes provide a more coordinated health system for clients to access a range of health services that will focus on preventing ill-health keeping people well and out of hospital. Working together the health service will reduce the need and length of time for people to be in hospital ensuring better health outcomes for the whole community.
The new single combined entrance to the hospital and community health services will be from Harbour View Terrace near to the Emergency Department entrance.
Construction is occurring in several stages, so that existing services can continue uninterrupted. Adelaide-based Tagara Builders Pty Ltd were appointed as the builder and moved on to the site in January 2014.
The redevelopment of the South Coast Primary Health Care Precinct is a joint initiative of the Australian Government and the Government of South Australia.
For more information contact (08) 8552 0600 asking about the South Coast redevelopment or email CHSASCDHAdministration@health.sa.gov.au.