Port Lincoln Health Services Redevelopment
New construction and refurbishment has begun on the $39.2 million redevelopment of the Port Lincoln Hospital. Due for completion by December 2014, it will include:
- Two operating theatres and a day procedure unit.
- Redevelopment of acute care including 20 single rooms and ensuite bathrooms.
- New six-bed inpatient mental health unit to be staffed by new mental health staff and clinicians.
- A new renal unit with four renal chairs.
- A new chemotherapy unit with four chemotherapy chairs.
- Integrated primary health incorporating community, allied health services and a public dental clinic with seven public dental chairs and additional consulting rooms, interview suites, and a playroom for children in the waiting area.
- A revamped 50 bay public car-park.
The redevelopment of the Port Lincoln Hospital will enable more people to have their treatments locally and reduce the amount of travel to Adelaide.
Mossop Construction + Interiors were appointed the managing contractor for the Port Lincoln Hospital redevelopment. Due to the construction works currently underway, the main hospital car park and building entrance are now accessible from Marine Avenue, with emergency access available from the Oxford Terrace entrance.
The redevelopment of the Port Lincoln Health Services is a joint initiative of the Australian Government and the Government of South Australia.