Consumer feedback and complaints management
Consumer feedback and complaints provide an opportunity to observe the quality of health care from the perspective of consumers and carers. It also assists in directing improvement in the quality of these services.
The Consumer Feedback and Complaints Management Policy Directive (PDF 209 KB) assists in addressing consumer feedback and complaints. This documents along with several other tools, ensure a consistent approach to feedback and complaints management.
Guideline and toolkit
A Guideline and Toolkit (PDF 513 KB) has been developed to assist staff with the consumer feedback and complaints process. The following tools are included:
- Safety Learning System (SLS) Consumer feedback user guide (PDF 5MB)
- Consumer feedback and complaints management toolkit contents page (PDF 188KB)
- National health complaints categories and subcategory definitions (PDF 31KB) - Appendix 1
- Consumer feedback and complaints management process flowchart (PDF 10KB) - Appendix 2
- Complaints severity assessment code matrix (PDF 26KB) - Appendix 3
- SA Health consumer feedback and complaints management data collection (PDF 7KB) - Appendix 4
- Complaints management and self-assessment guide (PDF 37KB) - Appendix 5
- HCSCC Charter of Rights alignment to the national health complaints categories and sub-category (PDF 180KB) - Appendix 6
Your feedback is important
We encourage patients, consumers, families, carers and the community to provide us with feedback. We want to hear what is good, what is bad and what we can do to make the health care services better.
Consumer feedback and raising concerns provide an opportunity to observe the quality of health care from the perspective of all patients, consumers and carers. It also assists in directing improvement in the quality of health services.
In the first instance, please talk to a staff member at the point of care. If you feel your feedback or concern has not been resolved, a list of health site contacts and telephone numbers is provided below.
Pat Ranieri, Senior Project Officer
Telephone: (08) 8226 2567