National Outcomes and Casemix Collection: Older Persons training course
Suitable for all mental health clinicians
1/2 day workshop
The National Mental Health Outcomes and Casemix Collection has seen the introduction into routine clinical practice of a range of standard Outcome Measures and Casemix Collection information.
This morning workshop provides an opportunity for mental health professionals in older person services to access training in the Health of the Nation Outcomes Scales (the key measure of problem severity in the suite of measures) along with an exploration of clinical and service development opportunities provided by the measures.
The older person workshop will include:
- health of the Nation Outcomes Scales 65+ (HoNOS65) training
- a review of other National Outcomes and Casemix measures
- routine outcome measurement for care planning and review
- integrating consumer self assessment into clinical practice
- using aggregate data to support service development.
An online training application has been developed by the Australian Mental Health Outcomes and Classification network (AMHOCN) and is available at Mental Health Outcomes and Classification Network .
It is recommended for staff to attend a training workshop where possible. To compliment this workshop and as an alternative the on line training is available.