My Aged Care referral pathways
From 1 July 2015, the My Aged Care Contact Centre became the main referral pathway for clients seeking aged care services. The My Aged Care Contact Centre create the client central record and facilitate referrals to Regional Assessment Service organisations to determine client care needs for home-based services; and Aged Care Assessment Teams for comprehensive assessment.
There are three ways a referral can be made to the My Aged Care Contact Centre, either:
- Fax My Aged Care on 1800 728 174
- Complete the web-based referral found on the My Aged Care website.
On the third and final page of the referral, in the 'further details' field, please insert a note to advise the Contact Centre if you have added an attachment.
- Phone 1800 200 422 Monday to Friday (excluding Public Holidays) 8 am to 2 pm (local time) or Saturday 10 am to 2 pm (local time).
For all referrals from South Australian Local Health Networks (hospital and community), a referral for Commonwealth services must be made by completing either of the following versions of the South Australian Hospital Referral Form:
- South Australian hospital referral form (PDF 392KB)
- South Australian hospital referral form (DOCX 243KB)
It is important all mandatory information is provided so the referral process can proceed in a timely manner.
Referral Pathway Fact Sheets
Office for the Ageing has developed a series of fact sheets containing information about the different Referral Pathways for Aged Care.
- Fact Sheet 1 - Metro Local Health Network referral pathway to Commonwealth Home Support Programme (PDF 31KB)
- Fact Sheet 2 - Urgent Commonwealth Home Support Programme service need (PDF 32KB)
- Fact Sheet 3 - Country Health SA Local Health Network referral to Commonwealth Home Support Programme (PDF 52KB)
- Fact Sheet 4 - Existing clients (PDF 48KB)
- Fact Sheet 5 - Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT) Referral Pathway (PDF 56KB)
- Fact sheet 6 - Service provider referral pathways (PDF 52KB)
- Fact sheet 7 - Clients aged under 65 (50 for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander) (PDF 60KB).
- South Australian Aged Care Assessment Program - Referral Pathways Protocol (PDF 568KB)