Population Oral Health Program
The Population Oral Health Program was developed in response to a decline in children's oral health.
SA Dental Service is working collaboratively with health professionals to improve the early identification and referral of children experiencing decay.
Good oral health is integral to overall health and wellbeing. Poor oral health can cause pain, irritability, infection, loss of sleep, restlessness and can lead to poor nutrition as a result of children opting for softer, less nutritional food.
In 2012/13, over 2,000 South Australian children aged under 8 years were hospitalised for dental extractions and restorations.
- Cleaning your children's teeth A4 poster (PDF 467KB)
- Give your child's teeth a healthy start (PDF 581KB)
- 'Lift the Lip' A4 poster (PDF 922KB)
- Sugar A4 poster (PDF 1.34MB)
- Tips for healthy teeth A4 poster (PDF 497KB)
- Free dental care postcard (PDF 620KB)
If you would like an information package, or a 'Lift the Lip' screening tool, please contact the SA Dental Service health promotion project team:
- telephone (08) 8222 9016
- email email@example.com
How you can get involved
For more information on how you can get involved, email the SA Dental Service health promotion project team.