National Antimicrobial Utilisation Surveillance (NAUSP) Portal home
The NAUSP Portal is the online platform for the National Antimicrobial Utilisation Surveillance Program. Enhancements to the Portal were completed in March 2017. Upgrades included the ability to load and extract data at specialty level, and access a wider range of benchmarking options.
The following introductory video explains the benefits of the Portal, and the role of NAUSP in supporting antimicrobial stewardship in Australia as a key stakeholder within the AURA program.
Hospitals contributing to the National Antimicrobial Utilisation Surveillance Program (NAUSP) have the ability to load and extract antimicrobial data through the NAUSP Portal.
Specifically the NAUSP Portal allows contributing hospitals to:
- Register key personnel (generally a pharmacist with responsibility for antimicrobial stewardship) to access NAUSP data via a secure website.
- Upload data and view preliminary data validation checks as soon as they are available.
- Extract data for their hospital(s) as soon as data are loaded.
- In some cases, extract data by speciality, improving the level of granularity for analysis.
- Download standard reports at any time, improving the timeliness of NAUSP reports.
- Benchmark their data against an increased range of options.
To assist with the operation of the NAUSP, four training videos have been developed:
The NAUSP database is secured within the SA Government network and meets government data security requirements. It is only accessible via the NAUSP website through registration with the NAUSP team. Usage data submitted to the NAUSP database, and published benchmark reports continue to be de-identified and do not contain patient specific data.
For further information on the NAUSP Portal, contact the NAUSP team at Health.NAUSPHelp@sa.gov.au .