Careers in country South Australia
Country Health SA aims to ensure healthier, longer and better lives for all country South Australians through a comprehensive and sustainable health system. We are committed to the provision of safe and high quality services that protect and enhance the health of rural South Australians.
Working in Country Health SA you can:
- escape the hustle and bustle of city life
- take advantage of the endless possibilities for adventure, relaxation, recreation and sightseeing
- experience cultural diversity, outback locations and regional city conveniences
- work in innovative roles to improve the health and wellbeing of Aboriginal people
- work closely with peers and community
- expand your professional knowledge and skills across a vast range of clinical and non-clinical functions
- make a real difference and feel like an important part of your community.
The area covered by country health care services in South Australia is almost one million square kilometres, making up approximately 99.8% of the state. This area contains almost one third of South Australia’s residents. SA Health offers a range of employment opportunities for you to make a real difference to the health services in these South Australian communities.
Broaden your experience by working in Country Health SA hospitals, community-based settings and aged care facilities in the fields of:
- nursing and midwifery
- allied health
- health support
A great country South Australian lifestyle and employment opportunities are waiting for you in Country Health SA.