Procurement and Supply Chain Management
SA Health Supplier Conference (SAHSC)
The SA Health Supplier Conference (SAHSC), hosted by SA Health’s Procurement and Supply Chain Management Division is being held on Tuesday 17 October 2017 at Tonsley Innovation District.
This inaugural conference will provide the opportunity for suppliers to engage with SA Health and other key agencies to provide:
- Knowledge and information on procurement processes, procurement opportunities through our forward procurement plan, and our vision for engaging with our suppliers through a Supplier Relationship Management Framework
- Knowledge and information from key government agencies on the opportunities that can be leveraged by doing business in South Australia
- Networking opportunities to engage with other suppliers and information on emerging technologies.
Many key SA Health suppliers and SA Government partners will exhibit at the event and there will be plenty of networking opportunities.
Key highlights will include the launch of SA Health’s Forward Procurement Plan and the Supplier Relationship Management Framework. The conference will provide the opportunity to hear about SA Health’s vision for partnering with our suppliers and an understanding of how technology will play an important role in this relationship.
For more information and to register for the conference visit http://sahealthsupplierconference.aomevents.com.au/.
Services provided by Procurement and Supply Chain Management
Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) is central to SA Health's ability to deliver the current high level of health care services.
PSCM is responsible for the processes, practices and services that underpin procurement and supply chain operations across SA Health.
We lead the procurement practices across SA Health and support its business operations by providing:
- Advice and assistance to business units on their procurement projects.This includes all aspects of the procurement life-cycle: planning, tendering, contract development and management
- Purchasing systems for the requisitioning of, and payment for, goods and services
- A range of procurement related services and systems
We support the supply chain through-out the Local Health Networks and Statewide Services by providing a range of services, including:
- Health service, site-based, support services and associated logistics functions
- SA Health Catalogue for Requisitioning
- SA Health Distribution Centre
We ensure procurement functions align with the strategic needs of SA Health, through:
- Development and management of the whole of agency contracts - and ensuring their greater use across the portfolio
- Strategic management – the analysis of activity and trends, modelling and planning for future requirements
- Partnering with health units to:
- identify opportunities for future efficiencies and improvements
- support a broad range projects and developments across the portfolio
Information for suppliers
The tenders SA Health currently has on offer are advertised on the SA Government tenders and contracts website.
SA Health operates with an $11 million delegation, which is the highest level of accreditation for an agency procurement authority.Procurement and Supply Chain Management (PSCM) is responsible its procurement operations.
Further information on South Australian government procurement is available from the State Procurement Board website.
SA Health is also seeking applications on an ongoing basis from suppliers to join the Transition Care Provider (TCP Panel). For more information and to apply, view the TCP Panel page.
If you would like additional information or cannot find the information you are looking for, please email us.