SA Cancer Service
SA Cancer Service (SACS) engages a broad and influential range of cancer leaders, public and private care providers, non-government organisations (NGO) and consumers to inform and collaborate on achieving improved cancer outcomes for all South Australians. This level of state-wide leadership covers the entire duration of the cancer journey from prevention and early detection of cancer through treatment and on to survivorship or end of life care.
- to improve health outcomes for people diagnosed with cancer through the development and coordination of patient centred, evidenced based, sustainable, effective and accessible statewide cancer services across the continuum of cancer care.
- to reduce the incidence of cancer in SA’s population in collaboration with the Cancer Council SA, through the development and implementation of Statewide Cancer Control Plans.
Particular areas of focus for SA Cancer Service include:
- promoting broad clinical engagement and participation in strategic decision making about future cancer control planning
- providing a central point of contact for statewide state cancer advice and support, local and national engagement and reform in SA
- coordinating evidence-based cancer planning across the whole patient journey
- maximising benefits of new funding invested in cancer across South Australia
- overseeing the development and implementation of the State-wide and Aboriginal Cancer Control Plans
- development and implementation of a state-wide Quality and Safety framework for cancer
- development and implementation of best practice cancer standards and guidelines in collaboration with stakeholders.
Resources and information
SA Health resources
- Cancer Multidisciplinary Care Team: Terms of Reference template (PDF 237KB)
- Standards for Chemotherapy Services in South Australia (PDF 136KB)
- Statewide Cancer Control Plan 2011-2015
- South Australian Aboriginal Cancer Control Plan 2016-2021
- SA Radiotherapy Service Plan 2014 - 2015
- Statewide Survivorship Framework
Other key SA and National resources and information
- Cancer Australia — National cancer control indicators
- Cancer Council SA
- National Cancer Optimal Care Pathways (OCPs)
- SAHMRI cancer theme
- The Aboriginal Chronic Disease Consortium
For more information contact SA Cancer Service via email: Health.SACancerService@sa.gov.au