Women's and Children's Health Network
The Women’s and Children’s Health Network (WCHN) is South Australia's leading provider of health services for children, young people and women. The WCHN works in partnership with clients and families, the community and other service providers to promote, maintain and restore health.
The WCHN encompasses all the functions of the former Children, Youth and Women's Health Service, including:
- Women’s and Children’s Hospital
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Child and Family Health Services
- Child Protection Service
- Children’s Disability Services
- Youth Health Service
- Women’s Health Service
- Yarrow Place Rape and Sexual Assault Service.
Chief Executive Officer
Ms Naomi Dwyer is Chief Executive Officer of the WCHN.
Executive Leadership Team
- Mr Phil Robinson - Executive Director, Corporate Services
- Lisa Lynch - Chief Operating Officer
- Dr Jenny Fereday - Executive Director, Nursing and Midwifery
- Dr Cindy Molloy - Executive Director, Medical Services
- Ms Heather Baron - Regional Director Allied Health, Complex and Sub–Acute Care
- Mr Paul Monaghan - Chief Finance Officer
- Mr Michael Burton - Acting Executive Director, People and Culture
The Women’s and Children’s Health Network Strategic Plan 2011-2017 (PDF - 66kb) outlines our visions and goals. It sets our broad direction and priorities, taking into account the public policy context, the needs of our populations and the broader social environment.
Under federal/state reforms to the health system, Local Health Networks came into effect in South Australia as of 1 July 2011, along with Health Advisory Councils, known as Governing Council’s. The Governing Council performs the key roles of monitoring and providing advice on improving clinical care outcomes within the Health Network. Particular focus is given to local service integration, performance and the safety and quality of services.
Governing Council membership
|Ms Margaret Wallace|
|Dr Neil Wigg|
|Mr Mark Buckerfield|
|Ms Melissa Cadzow|
|Ms Nerida Saunders|
|Dr Helen Marshall|
|Ms Ella McDougall|
Governing Council Constitution
For further information or any questions concerning the Governing Council please contact the Women’s and Children’s Health Network.
For news from the WCHN go to our News and Events web page.