Freedom of information (FOI)
The Freedom of Information Act 1991 gives members of the public a legally enforceable right to access information held by the South Australian Government, subject to certain conditions.
For more information, refer to the CHSA LHN Freedom of Information Information statement (PDF 188KB).
How do I apply for access to my medical record?
Complete the FOI Application for Access to Documents (PDF 26KB) or apply in writing to the Health Service where the medical records are located.
Please refer to the A to Z list of Country hospitals and health services to obtain information for each location.
Your application must:
- specify that you are making an application under the Freedom of Information Act 1991
- include your name and an address in Australia
- provide enough information for us to correctly identify you on our Patient Administration System (i.e. date of birth, any previous names)
- include such information as is reasonably necessary to enable the documents you are requesting to be identified
- include the current application fee unless you can provide a copy of a concession card, pension card, Health Care Card or Student Card (for the fee to be waived).
Please include a copy of proof of identity document (such as driver’s license, passport or birth certificate).
If you have any queries please contact:
Accredited FOI Officer
Country Health SA Local Health Network
PO Box 287
RUNDLE MALL SA 5000
Telephone: 08 8226 6120