State Public Health Plan
It identifies a clear vision: South Australia a Better Place to Live and key priorities for action:
- stronger and healthier communities and neighbourhoods for all generations
- increasing opportunities for healthy living, healthy eating and being active
- preparing for climate change
- sustaining and improving public and environmental health protection
- building and supporting a system for public health planning (for example data sets, indicator development, evaluation frameworks)
The Plan lays out a framework for action to protect and improve the health and wellbeing of South Australians.
Summary framework for consultation – State Public Health Plan 2019 – 2024
The purpose of the Summary framework for consultation (PDF 486KB) is to outline and explain the broad architecture of the State Public Health Plan 2019-2024, including its vision, goals, priorities, deliverable areas and indicators. The summary framework is the base from which the second State Public Health Plan will be developed and will be used to enable consultation with stakeholders. The feedback from this consultation process will be used to inform the development of a full draft Plan.
You can have your say by:
Consultation on the summary framework will close on Friday 15 June 2018.
Review of the State Public Health Plan
The review of the 2013 State Public Health Plan occurred from October 2017 to February 2018, involving a wide range of stakeholders. As well as being a legislative requirement of the South Australian Public Health Act, 2011, the review provided an opportunity to engage with a range of stakeholders to consider changes and achievements that have occurred over the past five years and plan for the future. The review explored:
- The content and structure of the 2013 Plan and gaps,
- Aspects that need to be considered in the development of the next Plan
The report of the review of the State Public Health Plan 2013 can be found here, including recommendations for consideration as the draft framework for the State Public Health Plan 2019-2024 is developed.
For further information please email email@example.com or telephone (08) 8226 7108.