State Public Health Plan
It identifies a clear vision: South Australia a Better Place to Live and key priorities for action:
- stronger and healthier communities and neighbourhoods for all generations
- increasing opportunities for healthy living, healthy eating and being active
- preparing for climate change
- sustaining and improving public and environmental health protection
- building and supporting a system for public health planning (for example data sets, indicator development, evaluation frameworks)
The Plan lays out a framework for action to protect and improve the health and wellbeing of South Australians.
Draft State Public Health Plan 2019-2024
The draft State Public Health Plan 2019-2024 (PDF 3.39MB) has been developed in partnership with a broad range of public health stakeholders to build on the achievements of the inaugural Plan, take account of consultation feedback and include the latest evidence and practice wisdom about current priorities.
Consultation on the draft State Public Health Plan 2019-2024 is open until Friday 5 October 2018.
You can have your say by:
- Joining the online discussion
- Completing the survey, or
- Using the feedback template (DOCX 108KB); and emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
The feedback from this consultation process will be used to finalise the State Public Health Plan, which will be released later in 2018.
The purpose of the Summary framework for consultation (PDF 486KB) is to outline and explain the broad architecture of the State Public Health Plan 2019-2024, including its vision, goals, priorities, deliverable areas and indicators.
A report, including findings from the consultation process on the summary framework can be found here (PDF 523KB).
Review of the State Public Health Plan
The review of the 2013 State Public Health Plan occurred from October 2017 to February 2018, involving a wide range of stakeholders. As well as being a legislative requirement of the South Australian Public Health Act, 2011, the review provided an opportunity to engage with a range of stakeholders to consider changes and achievements that have occurred over the past five years and plan for the future. The review explored:
- The content and structure of the 2013 Plan and gaps,
- Aspects that need to be considered in the development of the next Plan
The report of the review of the State Public Health Plan 2013 can be found here, including recommendations for consideration as the draft framework for the State Public Health Plan 2019-2024 is developed.
For further information please email email@example.com or telephone (08) 8226 7108.