State Public Health Plan
It identifies a clear vision: South Australia a Better Place to Live and key priorities for action:
- stronger and healthier communities and neighbourhoods for all generations
- increasing opportunities for healthy living, healthy eating and being active
- preparing for climate change
- sustaining and improving public and environmental health protection
- building and supporting a system for public health planning (for example data sets, indicator development, evaluation frameworks)
The Plan lays out a framework for action to protect and improve the health and wellbeing of South Australians.
Review of the State Public Health Plan
Section 50(5) of the South Australian Public Health Act, 2011 states that 'the Minister must review the State Public Health Plan at least once in every 5 years.'The inaugural Plan was released in November 2013 and therefore needs to be reviewed and a new Plan in place by November 2018.
The review will inform the development of the next State Public Health Plan and provides an opportunity to consider changes and achievements over the past 5 years.Consultation on the review will be targeted and occur between October 2017 and February 2018.It is anticipated that a new draft Plan will be available for public consultation in July 2018.
Data Sources for Public Health Planning
The Data Sources for Public Health Planning (PDF 1584KB) scopes the range of possible data sources which could be used to assist in public health planning at the State level and by Local Councils. It is intended to be a starting point and it is expected to be further refined and developed over the course of the first 5 year planning cycle.
The development of a South Australian Public Health Evaluation System
The policy context and approach
This paper aims to set the scene for developing a public health evaluation system for South Australia by describing the policy landscape, principles and the approach which is proposed to be undertaken.
- The development of a South Australian Public Health Evaluation System - The policy context and approach (PDF 738KB)
The evaluation logic
This paper sets out to describe the strategic implementation logic to enable us to define the goals and measureable outcomes of implementing the South Australia Public Health Planning System as described in Part 4 (Sections 50-52) of the Act.
- The development of a South Australian Public Health Evaluation System - The evaluation logic (PDF 782KB)
- South Australian Public Health Indicators
For further information or if you require a printed copy of the State Public Health Plan please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone (08) 8226 7108.