State Public Health Plan
It identifies a clear vision: South Australia a Better Place to Live and key priorities for action:
- stronger and healthier communities and neighbourhoods for all generations
- increasing opportunities for healthy living, healthy eating and being active
- preparing for climate change
- sustaining and improving public and environmental health protection
- building and supporting a system for public health planning (for example data sets, indicator development, evaluation frameworks)
The State Public Health Plan will be used across State Government and by Local Councils to take action to protect and improve the health of South Australians over the next 5 years.
Data Sources for Public Health Planning
The Data Sources for Public Health Planning (PDF 1584KB) scopes the range of possible data sources which could be used to assist in public health planning at the State level and by Local Councils. It is intended to be a starting point and it is expected to be further refined and developed over the course of the first 5 year planning cycle.
The development of a South Australian Public Health Evaluation System
The policy context and approach
This paper aims to set the scene for developing a public health evaluation system for South Australia by describing the policy landscape, principles and the approach which is proposed to be undertaken.
- The development of a South Australian Public Health Evaluation System - The policy context and approach (PDF 738KB)
The evaluation logic
This paper sets out to describe the strategic implementation logic to enable us to define the goals and measureable outcomes of implementing the South Australia Public Health Planning System as described in Part 4 (Sections 50-52) of the Act.
- The development of a South Australian Public Health Evaluation System - The evaluation logic (PDF 782KB)
For further information or if you require a printed copy of the State Public Health Plan please email email@example.com or telephone (08) 8226 7108.