Code of Practice for the Storage and Transport of drugs of dependence
The controlled substances legislation requires storage and transport of drugs of dependence (schedule 8 drugs) to comply with the Code of Practice for the Storage and Transport of Drugs of Dependence (PDF 126KB).
About the Code
The Code describes:
- The level of security required for the storage of drugs of dependence in South Australia
- How to pack, dispatch, and transport drugs of dependence within or from South Australia
Who the Code applies to
The Code of Practice for the Storage and Transport of Schedule Drugs of Dependence applies to the following groups of people:
- health service facilities
- Other persons who manufacture, possess, sell, supply or administer drugs of dependence in South Australia
- Common or contract carriers, and other persons involved in the transportation of drugs of dependence in South Australia.
The Code does not apply to consumers, or their nominated agent, who have been prescribed the medication for their own personal use.