Risk factors for health statistics
A risk factor is any characteristic that increases the chances of developing a disease or becoming injured. This includes smoking, high blood pressure, high cholesterol and overweight/obesity. Visit the following sites for more information.
- Breast screening - information on participation rates for breast screening and data on cancer detection and national breast cancer patterns.
- Cervix screening - information about participation rates for cervical cancer screening in South Australia.
- Childhood immunisation coverage (NCIRS) - data on childhood immunisation rates from the Australian Childhood Immunisation Register (ACIR).
- Sexually transmitted diseases - statistics on sexually transmitted diseases in South Australia.
- South Australian Monitoring and Surveillance System -monitors population trends in health risk factors and chronic diseases so that the Department for Health and Ageing has information to monitor population health status and to assist in the planning, implementation and evaluation of health services, policies and programs.