Hospitals and other health care services statistics
The websites below provide useful information on the use of hospitals and the performance of the hospital system:
- National hospital activity statistics - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare - Australian hospital statistics.
- National hospital activity statistics and publications - Department of Health and Ageing - reports and publications about the state of public hospitals in South Australia.
- National health expenditure - Australian Institute of Health and Welfare - information about health expenditure in Australia.
- Elective surgery - information about waiting times for elective surgery.
The following quarterly reports provide further information:
- Separations from public hospitals by quarter (PDF 98KB)
- Patient days for public hospitals by quarter (PDF 100KB)
- Average length of stay for public hospitals by quarter (PDF 98KB)
- Average daily number of inpatients for major metropolitan hospitals by quarter (PDF 20KB)
This information is historical. For up-to-date data please visit the Our hospital dashboards page.